And even more awesome is that we are right on the cusp of the release of the latest incarnation of this amazing tablet, iPad3, which analysts predict will happen in March, or April at the latest.
Rumors are swirling as to what this highly anticipated release will feature, and while no one (outside of Cupertino) knows for sure, we’re offering our best guess as to what iPad 3 will offer.
- The Apple iPad3 will feature a new, thinner and sleeker design, down nearly 20 percent in size compared to the iPad 2. It will also support full touchscreen HD display with a screen resolution of 2048 x 1536.
- The iPad 3 will have a lighter battery, reducing the weight of the tablet. The life of the new battery will also be considerably longer.
- It is also expected that the iPad 3 will have a wireless charging technology, which will be able to charge the battery and transfer data wirelessly.
- iPad3 will have a faster processor (though which one is still up for debate), likely making it as powerful as any high-end desktop computer.
- The iPad 3 will come with a better camera, and the new tablet will come with LED flash to support the camera. It is expected to have a 5MP camera with 1080p or 720p video recording quality of 60 frames per second.
- Fingerprint-proof? Apple has been granted patents on this technology, and is apparently working hard to make the iPad3 fingerprint proof. The touch screen will be coated with special materials designed to reduce fingerprints on the screen.
- Sharper display: iPad 3 is likely to feature Apple’s Retina display technology. The Retina display’s pixel density is so high, your eye is unable to distinguish individual pixels. Which means text in books, web pages, and email is crisp at any size. Images in games, movies, and photos pop off the screen. And everything is sharper.
- Might Siri make an appearance on iPad 3? Let’s hope we get to hear the intelligent personal assistant’s soothing voice on our iPad 3, too. We’ve come to rely on her so on our iPhone 4s.